Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center provides the following services:
- Family Consultation/Case Management Services: Professional staff work with families and caregivers to provide support, alleviate stress, examine options and enable them to make decisions relating to the care of adults. Del Oro also helps identify existing and potential services to assist caregivers in coping and meeting their needs, as well as the needs of care recipients. Del Oro’s family consultants provide an assessment of caregiver needs, short and long-term care planning, and ongoing consultation.
- Respite Care: They can fund respite services to relieve caregivers of the stresses of constant care. Respite is designed to provide care to a loved one for a brief period of time so the caregiver has the opportunity for relief and rest. This service may be provided in the individual’s home, or in an out-of-home setting such as a day care center or assisted living facility. Del Oro contracts with professional agencies/facilities to provide this service.
- Short-Term Counseling: Del Oro offers up to six (6) one-hour individual counseling sessions to caregivers seeking emotional support, skill development and helpful strategies to better cope with their caregiving situation.
- Legal/Financial Consultation: Provided by an attorney to address the various legal and financial issues related to caring for an adult. This may include planning for eligibility for public assistance programs, understanding Advance Healthcare Directives and Powers of Attorney.
- Education and Training: Del Oro provides education and training on a variety of issues related to caregiving. They cover practical, hands-on training in subjects related to research, disease specific information, stress reduction, self-care, and other relevant caregiving issues.