Taft Community Center offers a wide range of services. Please see below:
Food and Nutrition Services
- USDA Commodity Food - every 3rd Thursday of each month for 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Donated Foods - Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. with exceptions. Donated Food is not distributed the week of commodities
- Emergency Food Assistance - Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.; once every 90 days; must have proof of residence and I.D. Emergency Food is not distributed week of commodities
- Farmer's Market - every 4th Thursday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Food Baskets provided
- Brown Bag - a senior nutrition program for those 60 years and older; register once a year donation of $12 will go towards the program to get fresh fruits, vegetables and other food products; twice per month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.
- Congregate Meals - senior lunch for those 60 years and older that provides a third of the daily nutrition allowance in one meal, Monday through Friday 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Register to participate.
- Bingo - Every Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dominoes - daily from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Senior Zumba - Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- After-School Program - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Summer Youth Enrichment Program (SYEP) - 5 weeks summer program
- Youth Snacks - every Tuesday at 1:40 p.m.
- Clothes giveaway - each Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Taft-Net Employment Computer Lab - Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. except commodity day.
- Annual Juneteenth Celebration - 3rd Saturday in June
- Annual Cinco de Mayo - 1st Saturday in May
- Annual Filipino Celebration TBA
- Information and Referral Services
The Center is committed to providing community members with information and access to a variety of agencies that provide services in the areas of human services, employment, health, nutrition, housing assistance and education services. Community members are encouraged to visit the Center each day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for more information.