Postpartum Support International (PSI) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote awareness, prevention and treatment of mental health issues related to childbearing in every country worldwide.
It is the vision of PSI that every woman and family worldwide will have access to information, social support, and informed professional care to deal with mental health issues related to childbearing. PSI promotes this vision through advocacy and collaboration, and by educating and training the professional community and the public.
Dedicated PSI members, leaders, and friends work tirelessly across all levels to meet goals of the shared PSI mission of support, education, advocacy, and research for people living with mental illness through various activities, including:
- www.postpartum.net - PSI’s website receives more than 100,000 visitors a year who seek PSI for support, education and local resource information
- 800.944.4PPD (4773) - PSI's toll-free Help Line, in English and Spanish, serves more than 100 callers a month, and rapidly refers callers to appropriate local resources including emergency services
- PSI Newsletter– Available to PSI members around the world, this bulletin gives up-to-date information on worldwide news, conferences, resources, research and events
- Area PSI Support Coordinators in all 50 U.S. states, Canada, and Mexico, and more than 36 other countries around the world. These support volunteers provide telephone and email support, information, and access to informed local resources
- Standardized Training and Education for hospitals, public health systems, clinical providers, support group leaders, social support volunteers, and others
- PSI Educational DVD for families and providers
- Free Phone "Chat with the Experts" First Mondays for Dads and every Wednesday for Moms, facilitated by PSI Professionals
- Resources for women, families, students, and professionals
- Links to multi-language resources
- Membership Directory where you can update your own profile, and conduct a search for other PSI members by name, profession, location, or interest