Emmanuel Cancer Center's approach to cancer care is taking care of the emotional well-being of patients and their loved ones. They offer the following cancer support groups for patients and families:
- Monkey Business: a support group for kids ages 5 to 17, who have a loved one with cancer. Meets twice monthly on Mondays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thrive Cancer Support Group: open to all adult cancer patients and caregivers regardless of site and stage. Meets the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Healing Images (Art Support Group): open to all adult impacted by cancer including caregivers and family. Meets monthly. Please call for more details
- Men's Cancer Support Group: specifically for men impacted by cancer either as the patient or as a caregiver. Meets twice a month; please call for detail
- Cancer Support Group for Spanish speakers: open to all adults impacted b cancer including caregivers and family. Meets twice monthly; please call for details.
- Caregiver/Family Support Group: for those who support loved ones impacted by cancer. Meet monthly; please call for details.
For more information about all of their supportive services, please contact the Cancer Center's Social Worker at (209) 664-5044.