Emmanuel Cancer Center approach to cancer care is taking care of the emotional well-being of patients and their loved ones. They offers the following of cancer support groups for patients and families:
- Monkey Business: a support group for kids ages 5 to 17, who have a loved one with cancer. Meets twice monthly on Mondays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thrive Cancer Support Group: open to all adult cancer patients and caregivers regardless of site and stage. Meets the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Healing Images (Art Support Group): open to all adult impacted by cancer including caregivers and family. Meets monthly. Please call for more details
- Men's Support (please call for details)
- Look Good, Feel Better: this program teaches beauty techniques to women who are actively
undergoing cancer treatment. The goal is to help them combat the appearance-related
side effects of radiation and chemotherapy. This is a free program
sponsored by Emanuel Cancer Center and the American Cancer Society
For more information about all of their supportive services, please contact the Cancer Center's Social Worker at (209) 664-5044.