The mission of the council is to develop a comprehensive plan that promotes the development of quality child care in San Joaquin County through community education, collaboration and advocacy.
It is the vision of CQECC to ensure:
- High quality child care is affordable and accessible to children of all ages.
- Parents have the information and skills needed to make sound choices and decisions about their child's education and care while they work or attend school.
- Community members work together to accomplish and maintain our vision for quality care and education for children.
At the Council for Quality Education and Care of Children, members have an opportunity to:
- Connect and network with individuals like themselves.
- Fulfill and accomplish goals for children and families and providers of Early Childhood Education.
- Advocate for families and providers in the outlying areas of San Joaquin County.
- Avail themselves to abundant resources for staff development.
The CQECC is expected to act as a forum to address the child care needs of all families in the community as well as all child care programs. Local planning councils are required to work with a wide spectrum of local community members in addition to those connected with the welfare system in order to build a holistic, comprehensive child care system for all families. Participants may include, but not be limited to, representatives from:
- Community service agencies
- Early care and education providers
- Parents, families and communities
- Government agencies
- Other interested parties